The moment you get your hands on the best electric pressure washer, you’ll discover more of its many uses and advantages. However, the problem of most buyers is that they have zero knowledge about what best electric pressure washer brands to buy.
Luckily for you, we’ve looked high and low on the internet to provide you with a list of the best cleaners for the money. Here, we’ve considered 3 important things: 1) the products’ cleaning power capacity, 2) the brand’s reputation, and 3) of course, the price tag.
Use our All-in-One guide below to score the best electric pressure washer for your needs.
Quick Look at the 7 Best Electric Pressure Washers
To save your time scrolling through the page, you can check out our short product table below!
|Greenworks GPW1501||1500 PSI|
|Karcher K1700||1700 PSI|
|Sun Joe SPX3000||2030 PSI|
|AR Blue Clean AR390SS||2000 PSI|
|Sun Joe SPX4000||2030 PSI|
|Stanley SHP2150||2150 PSI|
|Sun Joe SPX3001||2030 PSI|
Best Electric Pressure Washer Reviews
1. Greenworks GPW1501
Greenworks easily comes as the number one light-duty electric washer on the list. This eco-friendly and portable power washer has 1500 psi and 1.2 gpm flow rate that can generate a total of 1,800 CUs cleaning power.
Curious as to what makes us choose Greenworks GPW1501? Check out its best features below!
Why Choose Greenworks GPW1501?
- The lightweight design makes it easy to use and maneuver, perfect for mobile work!
- It can be used for car washing, thanks to its 25 and 40 degree quick nozzles.
- You can easily soap your car with the soap dispenser included in the package. Just fill up the dispenser, attach the machine, and pull the trigger.
- No need to worry about power outlet safety, Greenworks GPW1501 is equipped with an inline GFCI plug for an added protection.
2. Karcher K1700 Electric
If a lightweight yet compact pressure washer is what you need, then you’d be happy to have Karcher K1700. With 1700 psi and a flow rate of 1.2 gpm, this light-duty electric water pressure cleaner has a total of 2,040 CUs cleaning power.
Why Choose Karcher K1700?
- You don’t have to concern yourself with the hassle of storing the pressure washer hose and gun since Karcher K1700 has a huge storage bin. The bin is also removable should you want to store the pressure washer accessories in another location.
- This thing might be suitable for small cleaning jobs only, but you can use a turbo nozzle tip to increase the water pressure a bit.
- When it comes to in-warranty repairs and replacement policy, Karcher sure knows how to please their customers. You can quickly request for a replacement since it is covered by the Rapid Exchange Program.
3. Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 PSI
Sun Joe SPX3000 tops as the best-selling medium-duty electric pressure cleaner in the U.S. And we can perfectly understand why. This model has all the necessary features to complete medium-duty tasks with ease. Powered with 2030 psi and 1.76 gpm, you can enjoy a maximum 3,572.8 CUs of cleaning power.
Why Choose Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI?
- Because it has a total of 5 quick-connect nozzle tips, you can do so much using this electric pressure washer. Complete light to medium-duty cleaning jobs with a maximum inlet water temperature of up to 40 degrees Celsius.
- Say Goodbye to wasting energy, thanks to its TSS or Total Stop System. This system automatically shuts off the pump when it senses that the trigger is at idle. The TSS also prolongs the machine’s pump life since it prevents the pump from overheating.
- Need to clean and soap more areas? Sun Joe SPX3000 has 2 detergent tanks. each tank can store 0.9 Liter of liquid detergent.
- Being a popular brand that is CSA approved, Sun Joe SPX3000 is also the best electric pressure washer in Canada. CSA approved means the machine has passed the Canadian Standards Association certifications.
First time to use the Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI? Here’s a good video to help you understand its parts and features:
4. AR Blue Clean AR390SS
As one of the best residential pressure washer brands, AR Blue Clean has several amazing features under its belt. This includes being a 2000 psi-1.4 gpm medium-duty pressure washer that produces 2,800 CUs of power.
Why Choose AR Blue Clean AR390SS?
- You can save up to 80 percent less water using this model.
- This gives 45 percent more pressure as compared to the other pressure washers of its kind.
- You can choose from its 4 nozzle tip attachments, which actually include a rotary or turbo nozzle. A turbo nozzle helps increase the rotation of the water jets up to 3000 rotation per minute. Hence, the moment the water hits the surface, it instantly removes and cleans the dirt and grime.
- This can be used to clean sidewalks, boat, floor mats, driveways, and vehicles.
5. Sun Joe SPX4000 2030 PSI
Introducing another affordable electric water pressure cleaner from Sun Joe, the Sun Joe SPX4000 stands at 2030 psi and 1.76 gpm. This gives you a cleaning power of 3,572.8 CUs. Next to the SPX3000 model, this one is also a favorite among homeowners.
Why Choose Sun Joe SPX4000?
- We can’t help but praise this model’s Pressure Select Technology. This allows you to choose between the low-pressure (1450 psi) for everyday cleaning and the high-pressure (2030 psi) for tough stains and grimes.
- Aside from the impressive Pressure Select Technology, you can still enjoy the TSS (Total Stop System) feature from the previous SPX3000 model. So, no more pump overheating. Instead, you’ll have more energy saving!
- You’d also be happy to know that this model includes a GFCI plug, a needle-out tool, and a garden hose adapter.
6. Stanley SHP2150 2150 PSI
Get the most of your money with this medium-duty pressure washer! Stanley SHP2150 is a high-pressure tool with 2150 psi (the highest on the list) and 1.4 gpm flow rate, giving you 3,010 CUs of cleaning power level.
Why Choose Stanley SHP2150?
- Stanley claims that the SHP2150 is the brand’s most powerful corded pressure washer. Delivering a total of 3,010 CUs power, you can use this tool for dirt bike cleaning, for fence cleaning, for boat cleaning, as well as for cleaning siding of your home.
- It has a professional brass connector with the standard M22 connections.
- You can also use its uniquely designed detergent bottle as a high-pressure foamer to soften and remove stubborn stains and grimes.
- Should you have problems with the unit, Stanley offers a 2-year limited warranty.
7. Sun Joe SPX3001
Sun Joe is not USA’s top-selling brand for nothing. Due to the success of its predecessor, this gave birth to the SPX3001 model, which is a slight upgrade of the Sun Joe SPX3000. The notable difference between the 2 models is that Sun Joe SPX3001 comes with an extra large onboard 1.2 Liters of a detergent tank.
Why Choose Sun Joe SPX3001?
- This is perfect for removing dirt off your windows, ATVs, sidings, barbecue grills, cars, and more.
- Because of the Pressure Select Technology, you can adjust the water pressure so as not to damage car paint and outdoor furniture.
- Get maximum maneuverability with its rear wheels and 34-inch extension spray wand.
Electric Pressure Washer Buying Guide (6 Important Features)
Choosing which power washer near me to buy can be quite intimidating, especially if you don’t know the best features to look for. In this section, we’ve rounded up 6 features that your water pressure cleaner should have.
So, what are your top options? Here’s what you need to check!
1. Cleaning Power
Most power washer store forums recommend machines with at least 2,000 psi for consumer-grade uses and at least 3,200 psi for commercial models. It is very important to get a pressure washer with the right power level that is suitable for your cleaning needs.
In fact, experts warn homeowners to refrain from buying higher pressure cleaners. This is because they can consume more electricity and water than needed and can easily damage outdoor furniture and paint finishes on your fence and vinyl siding.
2. Noise Control Technology
Between electric pressure washer vs. gas, gas-powered pressure washers produce more noise. This is due to their engine being bigger and heavy-duty. Fortunately, most corded pressure washers have less noise level. Moreover, some models even have features in which the motor pauses when the pressure washer gun is not in use.
3. Adjustable Water Spray
This is a crucial feature that you should check when buying a pressure washer. You usually have two options: 1) use an adjustable all-in-one pressure washer nozzle spray or 2) use different quick-connect nozzle tips. Both methods allow you to adjust the water pressure blasting from the power washer machine.
So, how to choose the best electric pressure washer with different spraying power? Simply look for one with more nozzle tip attachments.
4. Pump Protection
If you’re asking what pressure washer safety features are best, then pump protection should be one on your list. A pressure washer with this feature helps stop the pump the moment the trigger is released. The pump protection feature keeps the pump from overheating. If you didn’t know yet, overheating is the common cause of pump failures.
5. Easy Maneuvering or User-friendly
No one wants a pressure washer that is difficult to use and maneuver. So, always check the pressure washer manual beforehand. The manual can help you understand how the machine is used. Thus, you’ll know if the tool is user-friendly or not.
Furthermore, there are other things that can help you determine if the pressure washer is easy to use. You just have to look for the following:
- Large wheels- for uneven terrain
- Power cord length- for long range cleaning
- Ergonomic design- for less back pains and strains
One advantage of electric pressure washers is that they are more lightweight than gas pressure washers. Still, you need to check that the lightweight feature is not caused by cheap materials. There is a difference between being “lightweight and durable” and being “lightweight and breakable”. A lightweight pressure washer is portable and can be used to clean hard-to-reach areas.
Electric Pressure Washer Vs. Gas Pressure Washer
The difference between the two types is actually simple if you just base it on their appearance. However, most buyers are confused as to which one to buy for their needs. This is where you’ll need this guide the most.
To make it even easier for you to decide, use the questions below as pointers:
- Do you plan to use the machine for residential tasks alone like car washing and deck cleaning?
- Do you prefer to use a low-pressure power washer to avoid risks of damaging your property?
- Is there a smaller space or area to cover?
- Do you need to pressure wash once or twice a month?
If your answer to all these questions is a YES, then there is no doubt that an electric pressure washer is what you need.
Now try these pointers:
- Do you have a car washing business or other cleaning services wherein you need to use a pressure washer?
- Do you need to clean much bigger space or areas like a factory floor or construction site?
- Do you intend to rent out the machine?
- Do you need to pressure wash often like once a week or more?
If YES, then the gas-powered pressure washer is perfect for you. Most people base their decision on how often they need to use the machine and where they use it. If you need it more often in tough cleaning jobs, get a gas pressure washer. Meanwhile, get the lightweight and usually low-pressure electric pressure washer if you only need to complete light-duty tasks.
Corded Pressure Washer Cleaning Power
As mentioned earlier, the cleaning power of the machine is one thing to consider when buying an electric or corded pressure washer. The higher the cleaning power a pressure washer has, the more and tougher cleaning duties it can perform.
To determine the cleaning power of the pressure washer, you need two things: the machine’s PSI (Pounds per Square Inch) and GPM (Gallons Per Minute). The product of PSI and GPM will give you the pressure washer’s maximum cleaning capacity. Hence, if you have 2000 psi- 1.4 gpm pressure washer, then you’ll get a maximum cleaning power of 2,800 CUs, which is a medium-duty pressure.
An electric unit can have as low as 500 psi, 1500 psi, 1800 psi,2000 psi, and can go as high as 3000 psi. On the other hand, 1.2 gpm to 2.5 gpm pressure washers are common, but it is also possible to have a pressure washer with 6.0 gpm or higher.
|Electric- Light Duty||500 psi to 1700 psi||– Great for small cleaning jobs|
– Limited power
– Very affordable
– Very lightweight
|Electric- Medium Duty||1750 psi to 2800 psi||– Perfect for residential use|
– For patio cleaning, deck cleaning, driveway, etc.
– Best-value for the money
|Electric- Heavy Duty (Commercial)||2900 psi or more||– No fuel refilling |
– No harmful fumes
– Getting a gas unit with a similar power level is better and more practical
What’s The Most Powerful Electric Pressure Cleaner You Can Buy?
If you’ve spent quite some time searching the web for the best electric pressure washer there is, then you are probably on the hunt for the one with the most powerful pressure.
To determine the most powerful pressure washer, you need to multiply its PSI and GPM. An average residential medium-duty pressure washer has at least 1900 psi and 1.76 gpm, which gives us a total of 3,344 CUs (cleaning power units).
But did you know that you can get as much as 72,500 CUs from an industrial pressure washer? This sounds impossible when most electric units you see online only have 8,000 CUs to 12,000 CUs, right?
We know it sounds exciting to have the most powerful pressure washer, but please do remember that we are not talking about the average electric power cleaners here. What we are talking about are much bigger and, should we say, more complex to use.
What You Need to Know:
- First off, you need to ask the seller for a quote.
- Next, you can actually request add-ons for your pressure washer of choice.
- Expect to pay around high five figures to low six figures for this powerful tool. The final price depends on the add-ons you’ve decided earlier.
- Extra precautions are highly recommended when using such powerful machines. Why? This is because they have the power to damage paint finishes and coating of your furniture and other properties.
Without further ado, here are our 3 bets for the most powerful electric cleaners in the market today!
- Sun Joe SPX3500 2300 Max PSI
- Powerhouse International – Electric High Power
- Briggs & Stratton S1800 1800 MAX PSI
The Most Trusted Brands for Residential Electric Pressure Cleaner
If you have no interest in industrial pressure washers and are only after a machine for residential use, then you’ll find this list useful. Below are the top 5 most-trusted brands for residential pressure washers.
Karcher is most homeowners top choice for a reason. This Dutch-owned brand is known for their medium-duty electric power washers. The brand’s Rapid Exchange Program is also a big hit. This program bypasses the conventional repair program of other brands, giving their customers a hassle-free, quick, and FREE replacement and in-warranty repairs.
Check out the best Karcher electric pressure washer HERE!
2. AR Blue Clean
AR Blue Clean has been producing innovative and affordable pressure washers for car and for car detailing. A brand created by Annovi Reverberi, one of Italy’s private owned Triplex Plunger Pump company, AR Blue Clean offers both residential and industrial pressure washers.
Check out the best AR Blue Clean electric pressure washer HERE!
3. Sun Joe
Sun Joe loyal buyers would be glad to know that the company, which is a part of Snow Joe, is on the list. The brand is particularly known for their affordable corded pressure washer lines – specifically the SPX3000, which is dubbed as the number 1 best-selling water pressure machine in the U.S.
Check out the best jet washer by Sun Joe HERE!
4. Campbell Hausfeld
Campbell Hausfeld offers various power tools, including high-power compressors. However, the company is also well-known for their 4x electric pressure washers and 5x gas pressure washers.
Check out the best Campbell Hausfeld electric pressure washer HERE!
Greenworks is an eco-friendly buyer’s choice. The brand is known to produce electric pressure washers with less noise and zero fumes.
Check out the best Greenworks power washer HERE!
Where To Buy Power Washer?
You actually have a few options. Just a mere click on Google with “the best power washing services near me” as the search word, you’ll already have hundreds of options. However, choosing the best place to buy your electric pressure machine is more than just a quick-search selection. It entails careful considerations as to which stores offer the best.
Here, we’ve had 5 criteria when choosing the best places to buy your pressure washer:
- Wide-range selections of brands
- Return Policy
- Customer Service
Below are The 6 Best Places to Buy Your New Electric Washer:
Amazon is a leading online retail store which offers the widest selections of pressure washers. From the cheapest light-duty electric pressure washers for sale to the most expensive gas pressure washer there is, Amazon have all the popular brands posting their latest units on the site. This online store is also known to have the fastest shipping and the best-value products.
Most complaints are geared toward the fact that the 30-day return policy is only valid if the item is sold and shipped directly by Amazon and not from a third-party seller.
2. Home Depot
Home Depot is an American Home Improvement Retail Company that sells construction products, power tools, home fixtures, and more. If you prefer to go to a brick and mortar store to check the pressure washer before purchasing, then Home Depot is a good place to buy. They have the popular pressure washer brands in store such as Karcher, Ryobi, Sun Joe, AR Blue Clean, Briggs & Stratton, Greenworks, Campbell Hausfeld, and more.
Home Depot also has online shopping and offers free standard shipping. The only con we see is the fact that they have smaller selections as compared to Amazon. You can expect to shop for popular brands but the models available may be limited.
Sears is actually a chain of department stores founded in as early as 1892. The company sells products ranging from appliances and clothing to hand and power tools and home furnishings.
Some of the brands they sell include Craftsman, Sun Joe, Ford, DeWalt, Briggs & Stratton, Karcher, Stanley, Worx, GoPlus, Arksen, AR Blue Clean, and Gymax. They also sell some of the best hot water power washers such as the Cam Spray 16 HP Hot Water Pressure Washer and the DeWalt DXPW H3040 Hot Water Gas Pressure Washer.
You’re looking for the best place to buy a power washer for hot water, right? No need to look further. You’ve got the best store right here!
Lowes is an American company that sells appliances, home decor, furniture, tools, paints, and more. Lowes comes close after Home Depot and Sears but loses by the fact that they have fewer stores than Home Depot. Still, the company is one of the safest places to buy authentic and high-quality electric power washers.
This membership-only warehouse clubs made it to our list of the best places to buy electric pressure cleaners because of two reasons. First, the company literally have chains in a lot of places. Second, they offer great deals on popular name-brand products.
6. Pressure Washer Direct
Now, you have probably been thinking what is PressureWasherDirect. Well, the name may sound unfamiliar to most people, but we found the site to be a good place to buy both gas and electric power cleaners. The store is based in Illinois and boasts a huge selection of top-name brands of pressure washers. What’s even better is that they also sell pressure washer parts and offer discounts.
The only issues that concern most buyers are the customer service experience and the return and cancellation policy.
We understand that choosing the right pressure washer that is suitable for your needs is a bit daunting. With hundreds of options out there, you can easily get swayed into buying the wrong product (see our 10 recommendations for the best pressure washer here).
It is for this reason why we especially made this buying guide and review article to lead you to the pressure washer of your dreams. And we hope that we are able to fulfill that goal.
Thank you for the time and see you in our next article!