Karcher pressure washers are known for their functionality and ease of use. Just for you, we’ve rounded up 4 of the best Karcher pressure washers below. Read now!
Pressure or power washing is perhaps the most efficient way to remove grime, mold, and other stubborn and sticky substances off of your car or home surfaces. And, when it comes to pressure washers, Karcher remains a top-notcher. In this Karcher pressure washer reviews, we aim to give you some pointers when shopping for your next Karcher pressure washer.
Karcher, a German family-owned company since 1950, is today’s leader in providing efficient, resource-conserving cleaning systems. That’s because they have an in-house research and development facility to ensure cleaning is quick and sexy.
The reviews below will give you reasons why Karcher pressure washers are among the best. You’ll also find which Karcher pressure washer continues to wow users in 2018. These reviews will hopefully help you determine the best Karcher pressure washer that is suitable for you.
- 6 Best Karcher Pressure Washer (Quick Look)
- Best Karcher Electric Pressure Washer Reviews
- Best Karcher Gas Pressure Washer Reviews
- Why Choose Karcher Pressure Washer?
- How Do Karcher Pressure Washers Fare With Other Popular Brands?
- Important Features to Look for in a Karcher Pressure Washer
- The Karcher Pressure Washer Parts To Buy!
- FAQ Karcher Pressure Washer Troubleshooting
6 Best Karcher Pressure Washer (Quick Look)
Best Karcher Electric Pressure Washer Reviews
1. Karcher 1700 Electric Power Washer
The Karcher 1700 is a pressure washer with a 1,700 PSI and a flow rate of 1.2 GPM. The machine can be turned on and off using a footswitch, which may just be a little detail but actually comes in handy, especially if the unit has a low handle. With a footswitch, you don’t have to bend too low to operate the machine. Brilliant, right?
The unit includes a 20-ft Karcher pressure washer hose and three nozzles: a turbo nozzle, 15-degree nozzle, and a detergent nozzle. This pressure washer is suitable for cleaning bicycles, small cars and medium-sized vehicles, garden and patio furniture.
- This unit is perfect for people who experience back pain when pressure washing. Why? Well, the foot switch makes it easy to toggle power on and off minus the bending.
- The turbo nozzle is suitable for cleaning stubborn dirt and grime.
- The universal quick-connect wands simplify the use of accessories.
- It has a unique power cord storage that prevents clutter and damage while being stored.
- The hose connection does not prevent leakage.
- If you want a unit that comes with a gentle spray nozzle, then this is not a good option. The nozzles in this unit have a narrow angle spray, except the soap nozzle tip.
2. Karcher K5 2000 PSI Premium Electric Pressure Washer
This model is compatible with light- to medium-duty cleaning jobs with a PSI of 2,000 and a GPM of 1.4. This is the go-to choice if you want to pressure wash small cars, medium-sized vehicles, 4x4s, and mobile homes.
But wait! Not only is it good for outdoor use, Karcher K5 is also suitable for swimming pools, stone walls, and staircases indoors. It is equipped with Vario Power and Dirtblaster spray wand, which increases the effective pressure coming from your machine by 50%. The result is a thoroughly cleaned area.
- Its water-cooled induction motor lowers operating temperature, and thus prolongs motor life five times more.
- Unstable operation of the pressure washer is a common issue, but not with Karcher K5 model. The K5 Premium’s stability foot makes it extremely stable during operation.
- Thanks to the two wands, the washer can tackle tough cleaning jobs.
- It runs quietly.
- The hose connection is made of plastic.
- Its water pressure would not feel strong because of low GPM.
Best Karcher Gas Pressure Washer Reviews
Does Karcher Make Gas Pressure Washers?
Karcher has not only made its reputation among electric pressure washers; it is also known for its gas-powered counterparts. When it comes to cleaning solutions, they offer a range of options. If you are more inclined to gas-powered pressure washers, consider the top-rated one based on Karcher pressure washer reviews.
3. Karcher G2700 2700 PSI Gas Power Washer
Meet the top-rated Karcher G2700R Gas-Powered Pressure Washer. It has a pressure output of 6,480— 2,700 PSI with a flow rate of 2.4 GPM. If the Karcher electric pressure washers are built with compact plastic casing, then the gas-powered units are a bit different. To support and protect the Karcher KPS 196cc engine, Karcher made sure to use robust welded frame for this model.
What’s more is that this also boasts an auto-choke and cast iron piston sleeve. You won’t even have issues maneuvering the machine as it is designed with 12” flat-free wheels. These wheels perform like the air-filled ones but the advantage is that they never go flat.
- The Karcher engine is designed with an auto-choke function and cast iron piston sleeve, which makes it easy to start and the performance reliable.
- There is an onboard accessory storage for the hose, detergent siphon, and other accessories.
- Moving the machine is easy, thanks to the no-flat wheels.
- Nozzle and accessory usage are made simple, owing to its universal quick-connect design.
- It is designed with a commercial-grade trigger gun with child safety lock.
4. Karcher K2 Car and Home Kit (CHK) Electric Pressure Washer
A light-duty pressure washer, the Karcher K2 CHK is specifically design for car washing, house decks, patios, and other home cleaning tasks. Its 1,600 PSI water pressure and 1.25 GPM flow rate are enough to remove dirt, grease, and oil from furniture and vehicles with causing damages.
Just like the other Karcher K2 Ergo model on the list, the Karcher K2 Car and Home kit is equipped with two spray wands: Vario Power and Dirtblaster. It also comes with a 5-piece car and home kit and a surface cleaner.
- The T150 surface cleaner cuts cleaning time by half, owing to its 11-inch wide cleaner.
- The package includes a biodegradable car detergent.
- It can clean a range of tasks, soft or stubborn stains, thanks to the Vario Power and Dirtblaster spray wands.
- Detergents can only be supplied when using a Vario Power spray wand at a low setting.
5. Karcher K2 Ergo Electric Power Washer
The Karcher K2 Ergo is a light-duty power washer with a 1,600 PSI and a flow rate of 1.25 GPM. It is equipped with a 25-ft high-pressure hose and two spray wands: Vario Power and Dirtblaster. This model is built with a telescopic handle design.
What’s good about this model, anyway? As the name entails, the Karcher K2 Ergo has ergonomic features that make your cleaning job easier without experiencing back pains and strains.
- The Dirtblaster spray wand is perfect for stubborn stains that it can cut your cleaning time in half.
- With the Vario Power spray wand, you can switch from high to low pressure.
- Bending and strains from moving the unit are reduced, owing to the adjustable telescopic handle.
- Hose connection does not prevent leaks.
- The connections feel flimsy.
Read a good review of the Karcher K2 Car and Home Kit Pressure washer by Geekanoids here:
6. Karcher K3 Follow-Me Electric Power, 4 Rolling Wheels, 1800 PSI
If you are more inclined to get a cheaper option but still with a powerful punch, consider the Karcher K3 Follow Me Electric Pressure Washer. It is simply the only pressure washer that follows you as you clean. It cleans with 1,800 PSI and 1.3 GPM. This model is suitable for cleaning patios, driveways, paths, and decks.
- It comes with a hard surface cleaner with an 11” cleaning head, 32” wand extension, and a variable pressure dial for flexibility.
- The model has a unique four-wheel base: oversized rear and durable front casters, which allow an easy maneuver on most surfaces.
- The adjustable Vario Power spray wand gives you the flexibility to switch from high to low pressure without switching nozzles.
- Detergent is automatically dispensed when in the low-pressure mode using Vario Power spray wand.
- It includes the Dirtblaster spray wand to help clean stubborn stains on stone and brick surfaces.
- Application of soap is made easy, thanks to its onboard detergent tank.
- It is compatible with the Karcher rotating brush, extension wand, and power scrubber.
Why Choose Karcher Pressure Washer?
The question you should be asking is, why not? Karcher has been in the industry since 1950. Since then, they have been developing Karcher pressure washer parts, accessories, cleaning machines, and agents that combine functionality, user-friendliness, and sophistication. Thanks to their in-house research facility, Karcher has over 1,300 patents and utility models. The company has also received awards from renowned institutions.
Karcher spells the difference, especially in home cleaning and car washing. They owe it to their certified manufacturing plants in the US, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Italy, and China. They have the following ISO certifications:
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard
- ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard
How Do Karcher Pressure Washers Fare With Other Popular Brands?
Perhaps, in your opinion, certifications are not the best criteria to judge a manufacturer. True enough, comparing brands is a smarter way towards the best purchase. The buyer will, of course, be the ultimate judge.
So, are Karcher pressure washers any good? Let these comparisons speak for themselves.
1. Karcher vs. Ryobi
Ryobi is a Japanese company founded in 1943. They are a manufacturer of components for automobiles, telecommunications, and electronics industries. When it comes to pressure washers, their units are known to be lightweight and compact but with different motor sizes to suit any application.
Is Karcher better than Ryobi?
In terms of cleaning systems, we think Karcher offers better quality. Karcher’s research and development facility focus on cleaning solutions, so you can expect to find interesting and innovative features on their pressure washer units. Besides that, Karcher offers a number of units that are suitable for very specific groups. For instance, the K7 Premium Home Pressure Washer has a single multijet lance, which you can adjust and replaced to suit the type of cleaning you want to complete indoors.
2. Karcher vs. Stanley
Been around for over 170 years, Stanley has been known for its quality and innovative household tools. Stanley Black & Decker offers two types of pressure washer— gas-powered and electric— which have different manufacturers. Stanley pressure washer’s cleaning power is taken from their powerful tri-axial pump and universal motor. The brand is also known to incorporate robust mobile design in most of their pressure washer units.
So, are Karcher power washers better than Stanley’s?
We’d say they come in on a tie on the range of pressure washers and value for the buck. However, in terms of customer support, Karcher pressure washer customer service has the edge because they are the manufacturers of their products.
3. Karcher vs. Sun Joe
Sun Joe and its sister company, Snow Joe are known for their outdoor tools. From 2012-2016, Sun Joe had consistently ranked in the top charts for garden tools.
In terms of electric pressure washers, Sun Joe is particularly known for its SPX3000 model and the cordless SPX6000C-XR which both earned awards.
Should you choose Sun Joe pressure washer over Karcher’s?
Yes, if you are more concerned with the starting cost, but if quality and durability is your primary criterion, Karcher will satisfy that. Sun Joe’s products are lower in prices. Karcher, however, offers a wider range of machines that are suitable for various jobs. In the long run, Karcher pressure washers will cost less.
4. Karcher vs. Greenworks
The Greenworks Tools brand was founded to market lithium-ion technology and outdoor power equipment. Now, they are known for outdoor tools that have quite as much power than gas types but without the noise and fumes. Because their promise has been to deliver powerful machines without noxious fumes, they only manufacture electric and battery-powered types.
Is Karcher better than Greenworks?
Yes, we think so because Karcher offers a wider range of choices for pressure washers. Greenworks line of pressure washers are cheaper, but they are also in the lower end of the PSI range as compared to the Karcher line. Both, however, have regard for the environment.
5. Karcher Pressure Washer vs. AR Blue Clean
AR, which stands for Annovi Reverberi, an Italian pump maker, has been around for 60 years to produce its brand of pressure washers, AR Blue Clean. The company spends its resources on research to meet the cleaning needs of homeowners and industries. They do not only manufacture machines; they also develop a range of accessories.
Do Karcher Pressure Washers have better quality than AR Blue Clean’s?
We think they are on a tie. Like Karcher, AR Blue Clean manufactures their machines in-house. A research facility at AR, like at Karcher’s, is dedicated to developing cleaning systems. In terms of the variety of products, Karcher and AR Blue Clean both manufacture a wide range for different groups.
Important Features to Look for in a Karcher Pressure Washer
When shopping for the best Karcher Pressure Washer, it is important to consider the following factors at the least:
The rule of thumb: the higher the pressure, the more power is focused on the grime. Thus, cleaning is more efficient. The pressure output, which is measured by pounds per square inch (PSI) and gallons per minute (GPM), determines which jobs can the pressure washer handle. The higher the PSIxGPM value, the better and faster the machine can clean. For Karcher, and perhaps in other brands too, washers that have higher PSIxGPM values are often pricier.
Fortunately, there is a wide range of cleaning machines at Karcher for specific needs. They are classified into light-duty, medium-duty, and heavy-duty. They have products such as the Karcher K2 Car and Home Kit with a maximum pressure of 1,600 and flow rate of 1.25 GPM. This is an example of a light-duty washer that is perfect for washing cars, as well as house premises, facades, and swimming pools.
The model may not be as important as the pressure output, but it tells what kind of build the machine is capable of handling. Karcher has premium and compact models. There is no difference between these models in terms of specifications such as pressure and flow rate. They differ in the machine’s housing. For premium models, there is a board storage for Karcher pressure washer attachments and a hose reel. With such a structure, these models are bulkier and heavier and more robust. So, if the cleaning jobs you usually perform require a lighter build, the compact models would be more suitable.
Hose length is also an imperative feature to check in relation to the kinds of cleaning jobs. For washing cars, it is important that the length of the hose allows flexibility and movement without dragging the machine here and there. If the machine is bulky and heavy, a lengthy hose will ease the burden of rolling the machine to and fro while cleaning.
Karcher also offers accessories such as a pipe cleaning hose, foam cannon nozzle, and extension wand among other tools that can increase the flexibility and efficiency of the pressure washer. Find out which Karcher pressure washer attachments are most suitable for the cleaning job at hand.
For example, if you have to clean the driveway, take the Deck and Driveway Cleaner accessory. Make sure it is compatible with the machine that you have. A general note from Karcher said devices from the Home & Garden range are not compatible with machines from the Professional range.
The Karcher Pressure Washer Parts To Buy!
Make the most of your Karcher Pressure Washer by getting the best accessories that will fit your cleaning needs. Here are some of them:
Rotating Wash Brush
This accessory is perfect for cleaning smooth and delicate surfaces such as your car or windows. With the rotating wash brush, the surface is scrubbed as the pressurized water pushes off the dirt and stains, leaving it smooth and clean.
Need to clean high areas? That’s not a problem with the Karcher extension wand. It is a telescoping rod that allows you to clean gutters and other hard-to-reach areas. No more ladders for you. With the extension wand, cleaning is quicker, safer, and hassle-free.
Karcher Power Scrubber
Just the sound of it delivers a sigh of relief. This broom-like accessory will help you clean surfaces without you having to spend a muscle for rigorous scrubbing. It is suitable for staircases as it can clean the top surface, as well as the edges.
Karcher Surface Cleaner attachment
Surface cleaners from Karcher usually have an 11 to 12-inch wide cleaning area. Using these wide surface cleaners will help you wash large flat areas quickly. It is a good accessory for cleaning driveways and patios with flat surfaces.
Vario Spray Nozzle
The Vario spray nozzle can be turned on with the following settings: 0-, 15-, 25-, and 40-degree spray. That corresponds to a blasting spray or a delicate one for your windows.
FAQ Karcher Pressure Washer Troubleshooting
Why Is My Karcher Power Washer Pulsating?
A pulsating washer may mean that the nozzle tips caught some dirt, which is causing enough obstruction. Use a nozzle cleaner to wash away that accumulated dirt on the tip.
Why Is My Karcher Power Washer Leaking?
This is a common problem, especially in the hose connection area. Leaks around this area may be caused by a reversed installation. For some models, the silver side threads to the machine, and the black knobby side takes the garden hose.
Best Detergent For Karcher Power Washer?
The best detergents that go with your Karcher Pressure Washer are those developed by Karcher themselves. That will ensure its compatibility with its cleaning capacity. Karcher offers biodegradable multi-purpose detergents. However, there are also solutions that are specific to some surfaces such as cars or other smooth surfaces.
Where To Buy Karcher Power Washer?
You can buy Karcher Pressure Washer at Amazon or eBay or visit the Karcher website to locate an authorized Karcher pressure washer dealers and service center near you.
How Much Are Karcher Power Washers?
Electric Karcher pressure washers cost within the range of 120 to 330 USD. Karcher gas pressure washers tend to cost higher. The price range is from approximately 200 to 350 USD.
There is a reason why Karcher has been in the industry since 1950. They are a company that is not only concerned with the quality of the products but also their environmental impact. We think this is enough reason to pin your faith in the brand.
Choosing the best Karcher Pressure Washer can be confusing, owing to a wide range of products. In addition to that, you also have to choose accessories to maximize the use of the machine. Hopefully, this review has helped you land on the best Karcher Pressure Washer for your unique cleaning needs.
To know other best electric pressure washer models from different brands that we highly recommend, click here!
1. The Inside Karcher page was used to find out about the quality standards of Karcher products.
2. Karcher FAQs.