Looking for a reliable pressure washer brand? Try the best Sun Joe Pressure washer and pick the pressure washer model of your dreams at a very reasonable price!
- The Best Sun Joe Pressure Washers (Electric Units Only)
- Check Out The 5 Best Sun Joe Pressure Washers Here!
- 6 Essential Sun Joe Pressure Washer Parts And Accessories
- 5 Best Sun Joe Pressure Washer Reviews
- The Best-Selling Sun Joe Pressure Washer
- Why I Think This Is The Best Value For The Money!
- Sun Joe Pressure Washer SPX3000 Troubleshooting Guide
- Sun Joe Pressure Washer vs Greenworks
The Best Sun Joe Pressure Washers (Electric Units Only)
If there is one pressure washer brand that most American homeowners love, it’s none other than Sun Joe Pressure Washer!
Sun Joe is a popular brand that specializes in outdoor tools, including pressure washers and all the necessary accessories and parts needed. What’s even more exciting about Sun Joe is that they tend to make their pressure washers affordable yet efficient.
Choosing the best Sun Joe pressure washer for your home shouldn’t be a hassle. However, due to the tight competitions in the market, other pressure washer manufacturers have also stepped up their game to lure customers into buying their products. While there is nothing wrong in trying out new brands, smart buyers know that going for a trusted brand like Sun Joe is a wise decision, especially when the product in question cost a hundred dollars and more.
If you are an avid Sun Joe user or is planning to buy one, then you’d appreciate this article. Here, I’ll discuss the essential features that you should buy to upgrade the cleaning performance of your Sun Joe pressure washer. I’ll also share with you my top 5 best Sun Joe electric pressure washer units— if you are planning to buy your first Sun Joe pressure washer, this section will be of great help.
Don’t Have Time To Scroll Through The List?
Check Out The 5 Best Sun Joe Pressure Washers Here!
|Product Image||Brand and Model||Type||Cleaning Power (PSI x GPM)||Notable Features|
|Sun Joe SPX3000||Electric||3,572.8 CUs||2030 PSI 1.76 GPM|
|Sun Joe SPX3001||Electric||3,572.8 CUs||2030 PSI 1.76 GPM With hose reel and a bigger tank|
|Sun Joe SPX1000||Electric||2,102.5 CUs||1450 PSI 1.45 GPM|
|Sun Joe SPX4000||Electric||3,572.8 CUs||2030 PSI 1.76 GPM With Pressure-Select Technology|
|Sun Joe SPX1500||Electric||2,766.6 CUs||1740 PSI 1.59 GPM|
6 Essential Sun Joe Pressure Washer Parts And Accessories
1. Surface Cleaner
I consider this the best Sun Joe Pressure washer accessory for those who own a patio or wooden deck at home. A surface cleaner is a cleaning attachment with two rotating nozzles enclosed in a circular plastic construction. The two nozzles being enclosed help the water spray to concentrate on a particular area, thus cleaning it thoroughly. In addition, the enclosure also helps in keeping the water from splashing and the debris from flying everywhere.
The brush, also known as rotary scrub brush, is a great attachment if you plan to use the Sun Joe pressure on surfaces or objects with tough dirt and stains. The pressure of the water will rotate the scrub bristles of the brush to aid in removing stubborn dirt while managing the force of the water pressure to prevent damage.
This is the best Sun Joe portable pressure washer accessory for cars wheels and garbage bins.
3. Extension Wand
If you have high places to clean with your Sun Joe pressure washer, then you need the Sun Joe pressure washer extension wand. Extension wands are basically an extender to help you reach and clean high areas— such as two storey, home siding, and other areas— without using a ladder.
The idea behind the creation of this attachment is to lessen accidents that are associated with using a ladder.
4. Extender Hose
Most Sun Joe pressure washers come with a default extension hose, hanging from 20 feet to 50 feet in length. This attachment allows you to cover bigger areas easily and quickly. A longer extension hose is recommended for those who plan to use their pressure washer in cleaning metal roofs and fences.
5. Turbo Nozzle
What’s the best Sun Joe pressure washer accessory for tough dirt and old stains? Why, the Turbo nozzle, of course! Most professionals have this accessory in their must-have list simply because it makes their cleaning task so much easier and faster.
Turbo nozzles have the combined lifting strength of the 25-degree nozzle and the powerful blast of the 0-degree nozzle. Thus, the water splashes powerfully but is spread enough to not cause any damage.
6. Gutter Cleaning Attachment
This is the least common Sun Joe Pressure Washer accessory, but I insist that you have this attachment in your outdoor tool list. I am just amazed at how helpful this attachment is. I was able to clean the gutters around my house easily with this one. Unless the gutters are exceptionally high, you won’t really need a ladder to do the cleaning.
This is, more or less, like the extension wand, but it has a curve tip instead. The curved tip allows you to clean the gutters easily without having to climb on the roof nor using a ladder. Just position the tip a few inches above the gutter and start cleaning.
5 Best Sun Joe Pressure Washer Reviews
1. Sun Joe SPX3000
The Sun Joe Pressure Washer SPX3000 is the best selling pressure washer by Sun Joe. Specifically, a lot of homeowners in the U.S. love using this unit when doing all their light to medium duty tasks at home.
There is enough power coming from its 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM flow rate for a total of 3,572.8 CUs. If you haven’t known yet, a minimum of 2000 PSI is needed for medium-duty cleaning tasks. Thus, the SPX3000 is an excellent choice for driveways, vinyl siding, garage floors, garden pathways, decking, and a lot more.
Read more about light-duty, medium-duty, and heavy-duty pressure washers here.
- With a maximum water inlet temperature of 104-degree Fahrenheit or 40-degree Celcius
- Comes with 5 quick-connect nozzles with varying pressure degrees (0, 15, 25, 40, & soap nozzles)
- Has a Total Stop System (TSS) that shuts off the pump automatically when the trigger is at idle
- Onboard is the dual removable detergent tanks with 0.9 L each
- Has a CSA certification, meaning the product is tested and proven safe to use by the Canadian Standards
- 2-years full warranty
- Not powerful enough for heavy-duty cleaning
- Reeling the hose back for storage has to be done manually
2. Sun Joe SPX3001
Another coveted Sun Joe pressure washer unit is the Sun Joe SPX3001. This is a slight upgrade of the previously mentioned unit, the SPX3000. There is nothing much of a difference between the two units, except that SPX30001 has a hose reel and an extra 1.2 Liter detergent tank.
If you hate the idea of manually reeling the hose back for storage, then the SPX3001 is the best Sun Joe Pressure Washer unit for you. This still boasts 3,572.8 CUs of Cleaning Power with 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM.
- With an onboard hose reel that can accommodate a hose up to 6 meters long
- The 5 quick-connect nozzles include 0-degree, 15-degree, 25-degree, 40-degree, and soap nozzle
- Also features the Total Stop System, which helps prolong the life of pressure washer pump
- CSA approved
- Has an additional detergent tank with 1.2 Liter capacity
- 2 full years of warranty
- Still not enough power for heavy-duty cleaning tasks
- Slightly heavier than the SPX3000 model
3. Sun Joe SPX1000
If you only need a pressure washer for light-duty jobs, then you can opt for a unit with a lower pressure. Introducing the light-duty Sun Joe Pressure Washer, Sun Joe SPX1000!
Light-duty pressure washers have 1300 PSI to 1900 PSI power. This unit has 1450 PSI of water pressure and 1.45 GPM flow rate with a total cleaning power of 2,102.5 CUs. Users of Sun Joe SPX1000 claim that the unit is perfect for cleaning outdoor wooden furniture and barbecue grills.
- The best light-duty Sun Joe Pressure Washer for home use
- Cord length stretches up to 35 feet
- Spray wand is adjustable
- Adjusting the water spray is easy; just twist the nozzle to control the spray
- Very light with just 11.7 lbs. weight
- Covered in a full 2-year warranty
- Also ideal for cleaning motorcycles, cars, trailers, ATVs, and RVs
- Limited to small cleaning tasks
- No nozzle attachments; just the spray wand
4. Sun Joe SPX4000
The Sun Joe SPX4000 pressure washer unit is the perfect choice for those who want to make use of both low and high water pressure. This unit is unique as it gives you the freedom to control and shift the water pressure in an instant with just a single twist.
Because it boasts a Pressure-Select Technology, you can actually use the SPX4000 unit in a lot of cleaning jobs, making it one of the most versatile Sun Joe Pressure Washers.
- Mobile-cart design for easy transport
- With easy-glide wheels
- Features the Pressure-Select Technology (low and high-pressure settings)
- Has 5 quick-connect nozzle tips (0, 15, 25,40, & soap nozzles)
- Also comes with an extension wand
- With GFCI power cord
- Total Stop System, which helps save energy and prolong pump life
- No built-in hose reel
- The hose is a bit shorter as compared to other Sun Joe pressure washer units; 20 feet to be exact
5. Sun Joe SPX1500
Looking for another light-duty Sun Joe pressure washer but with a slightly higher water pressure and flow rate? The Sun Joe SPX1500 is your best pick.
The SPX1500 has a pressure of 1740 PSI (still light-duty) and a flow rate of 1.59 GPM. With a cleaning power of 2,766.6 CUs, this pressure washer unit is perfect for cleaning small decking and patios. It’s also the perfect unit for car washing. Most users love that this unit is lightweight yet sturdy, perfect for outdoor use.
- With adjustable spray wand
- Easy-twist nozzle for water spray control
- The extension wand can reach up to 33 inches or 2.75 feet distance
- GFCI power cord for added protection against electrical shock
- CSA approved
- Has 2-years of full warranty
- Very lightweight with 13.7 lbs. weight
- Limited cleaning power; not for heavy-duty tasks
- No hose reel
- Shorter hose (20 feet only)
- No quick-connect nozzle attachments
The Best-Selling Sun Joe Pressure Washer
Choosing the best Sun Joe pressure washer depends on where you will use the machine and the extent of the cleaning jobs you intend to use it with. As for the best value pressure washer for the money, my top pick is the Sun Joe SPX3000!
The Best-selling Sun Joe electric pressure washer is the Sun Joe SPX3000.
Why I Think This Is The Best Value For The Money!
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 is constantly on sale! But even without the discount, this unit is quite affordable.
- This has a powerful 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM flow rate, which are good specs for an electric pressure washer. 1.76 GPM is a pretty good flow rate for a medium-duty electric pressure washer.
- I love that it has two detergent tanks instead of just one big tank. I can load each tank with a different soap mixture or detergent concentrate, depending on the cleaning task at hand.
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 is often ranked high in most Sun Joe Pressure Washer reviews. There is a reason why popular units are often the best-selling ones; it’s because they are already proven and tested by many— just like the SPX3000 unit.
- This is easy to operate. Don’t believe me? Check the Sun Joe Pressure Washer instructions manual here.
Check out the Sun Joe SPX3000 in action by watching this video:
Sun Joe Pressure Washer SPX3000 Troubleshooting Guide
Here, I’ve listed the 5 common problems that most users of SPX3000 encounter. The possible causes and solutions are also explained to help you out.
Problem 1: The SPX3000 Won’t Start.
- SPX3000 is not plugged into the outlet properly.
- The power socket is defective.
- Extension cord of the unit is cracked.
- The fuse is damaged.
- Unplug and plug the machine again.
- Try a different outlet.
- Remove the extension cord and use the machine without it.
- Change the fuse.
Problem 2: The SPX3000 Stops Working.
- The nozzle tip is clogged up.
- Machine overheats, thus the thermal sensor.
- The fuse blows while the machine is in use.
- If the nozzle is removable, detach and clean. If it’s built-in, clean or wipe the nozzle thoroughly. Also, check if deposits are the ones that caused the clogging.
- Turn off the machine and let it cool down.
- Switch off the machines in the same circuit to prevent blown fuse. If it has already blown, replace the fuse immediately.
Problem 3: The SPX3000 Starts And Then Stops By Itself Repeatedly.
- The trigger mechanism might be broken.
- The pump leaks.
- Contact Sun Joe customer service immediately. They can help you with the trigger malfunction or assist you with the replacement if the unit is still under warranty.
Problem 4: The Pressure Rises And Falls Irregularly.
- The pump seals are worn out.
- Too much airflow enters the pump.
- The valves are clogged.
- The pump seals are worn out.
- Too much airflow enters the pump.
- The valves are clogged.
Problem 5: No Water Comes Out Of The Unit.
- There is no water supply.
- The water inlet is blocked.
- Pressure washer nozzle is blocked.
- Pump or hoses are frozen.
- Make sure the water inlet is properly connected.
- Clean the inlet filter.
- Clean or replace the nozzle.
- Wait for the ice or snow to melt. Make sure to winterize your machine to avoid freezing.
Sun Joe Pressure Washer vs Greenworks
Aside from Sun Joe, Greenworks is another coveted pressure washer brand in the market. If you are having a hard time choosing between these two brands, then this section will help you out.
PSI And GPM
Two of the most important features to look for in a pressure washer is its PSI and GPM. Now, both Sun Joe and Greenworks are known for their electric pressure washer units that either falls into the light or medium-duty category.
However, most Sun Joe Pressure washers, such as SPX3000, SPX30001, and SPX4000, have 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM. Greenworks units within the same category, such as GPW2001 and GPW1602 models, have 2000 PSI or lower and 1.2 GPM flow rate.
This tells us that in terms of cleaning power, Sun Joe pressure washers are the clear winner.
Looking into both brands’ best-selling units ( Sun Joe SPX3000 and Greenworks GPW2001), both units have a pump protection mechanism; it’s just that I think Sun Joe saves more energy.
The SPX3000’s winning pressure washer technology is the Total Stop System, which helps prolong your machine’s pump life by automatically shutting off the machine when the trigger is not in use.
The GPW2001 has, a more or less, the same pump protector mechanism; however, the auto shut off will only be activated after a few minutes of resting phase. In GPW2001, the unit will go into the resting phase 30 seconds after the trigger is released. After a few minutes of it resting, it’s when the pump will stop working.
You see, there’s a few minutes difference here, but this short time can make a difference in your electricity bills over time, especially if you kept on leaving the unit without using it for more than 10 minutes.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 is the most powerful, budget-friendly pressure washer in the market today. Thus, it is not at all surprising why a lot of people prefer this unit over the other popular units from other brands.
When choosing the best Sun Joe Pressure Washer, you have to bear in mind the cleaning capacity of the unit, as well as the features that are useful for the intended task. If you are on the lookout for a medium-duty electric pressure washer unit that is priced reasonably and is equipped with great technologies, then I highly recommend you consider browsing through the various Sun Joe Pressure Washer models. The brand has a reputation for selling quality products, and has great customer service based on my experience.
Get the #1 Electric Pressure Washer Today!