Want to bring back the beauty of your brick driveway? Use a driveway pressure washer surface cleaner to remove the dirt and restore its original color. Read this to know how.
It’s naturally difficult to clean a driveway. It’s full of dust, dirt, grime, mildew and stains that have built up over time. Fortunately, there’s now a much easier way to clean driveways.
A driveway pressure washer surface cleaner is a powerful cleaning tool used to clean driveways, parking lots, garage floors, and more. It works by shooting jets of water on the surface, removing all the debris on the floor.
How to Do Brick Driveway Cleaning
There are many ways to clean using a driveway pressure washer surface cleaner. Follow the steps below to do an easy cleaning method.
- Step 1: Clear the area. Move your vehicles, tools, and other things to other places. It’s also ideal to sweep the floor to remove any dirt before pressure washing.
- Step 2: Prepare your pressure washer surface cleaner. Attach your water hose to the nozzle of the pressure cleaner.
- Step 3: Turn on your cleaner and give your driveway a quick once-over to remove any loose debris.
- Step 4: Apply the detergent. Before using any product, make sure to read your manual and know which driveway cleaners should be used with your washer. Also, at this stage, attach your soaping nozzle.
- Step 5: Apply the detergent on the ground and wait for about 5 minutes before doing the actual pressure wash.
- Step 6: In this step, do the actual cleaning. The recommended method is using a surface cleaner attachment. A surface cleaner attachment makes the cleaning process much better and faster because it works by dispersing the water all over a large area. It reduces the risk of damage on the concrete from high pressure and pulses the flow of the water to make it more effective in removing dirt from the surface.
- Step 7: Another great tool is a rotary nozzle that does the same thing to the flow of the water. It rotates the water flow and disperses a much powerful push to the surface. This is great for removing the toughest dirt, grime, and stains.
- Step 8: The last and final step is the final rinse on the surface to wash away all the detergent on the ground.
Driveway Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner (Things to Remember)
While using your driveway pressure washer surface cleaner, you should remember a few important things.
Before using any tool, always read the user’s manual. This way, you’ll know how to properly use the tool.
Remember that higher pressure means higher risks. However, with a surface cleaner, the risks are reduced because its jet stream is within the unit. Still, you need to take safety measures like being aware of the surroundings and wearing eye protection.
Know where all your used water is going. Unless you have a sani-sewer, your water most likely goes to the local stream in your area. If you don’t want your used detergent, oil, and other harmful chemicals to pollute the stream, find other endpoints for your water waste. For example, you can push all the water to your lawn.
A driveway pressure washer surface cleaner is a great tool to use for cleaning large pathways. Learn how to use it well and you’ll enjoy driveways which are as clean as new.