Not all hoses are the same, so you need to know the difference between a garden hose vs high-pressure hose. Read this guide & high pressure power washer hose attachment reviews!
A high-pressure power washer hose is an essential part of a pressure washer. And just like the pressure washer pump, motor or engine, this, too, has a set of factors to consider when you shop for one.
You probably heard or read somewhere the basic know-how when choosing the best power washing attachment. However, in this content, we aim to emphasize the importance of choosing the right type of hose for the job you intend to do.
Let’s discuss and make one thing clear first:
- The Difference Between The High Pressure Power Hose Vs. Garden Hose
- What Happens If I Use A Garden Hose With My Pressure Washer?
- The Best High Pressure Power Washer Hose Attachment Reviews this 2021
The Difference Between The High Pressure Power Hose Vs. Garden Hose
We still can’t fathom how people use a conventional garden hose when operating a high-pressure power washer machine. Unlike the traditional use of garden hose which includes watering and small cleaning tasks, high-pressure hoses are specifically designed to make the washer even more efficient in doing its job.
A garden hose does not produce enough pressure to strip away dirt and stains that stick to the surface. Also, this is deemed as an inappropriate hose to use for pressure washers. Since the pressure washer machine deals with high PSI and GPM, it is necessary to ensure that the hose you choose to use can withstand the cleaning power of the washer.
The high-pressure power washer hose, on the other hand, is designed to be 50% more pressure resistant. On top of that, it is also easy to determine the pressure limit as specifications often indicate the maximum PSI and GPM levels. Still, high-pressure washer hoses are more durable, safer, and more efficient to use than the garden hose.
Moreover, using a high-pressure power washer hose attachment to your machine can significantly lessen the amount of water used during cleaning operations. Some high-pressure hoses for power washer let you save up to 80% of water.
How is this possible?
Well, because of the strong pressure and high flow rate, dirt and stains will be blasted away easily as compared to using the conventional hose. Thus, while it requires a great volume of water per minute to do the cleaning, you’d still save more water by cutting off the time for doing the task.
What Happens If I Use A Garden Hose With My Pressure Washer?
We can think of two things that will likely happen if that is the case. Firstly, your power washer will perform poorly. The PSI level will not be enough for the intended job. Secondly, the garden hose might break and may cause an accident.
That is why we want to emphasize that you pause and think the tasks to which you will use the hose. If you only need one for watering or for gardening, then, by all means, a garden hose will suffice. Meanwhile, a high-pressure power washer hose nozzle is an excellent choice for house cleaning and other outdoor cleaning jobs.
The Best High Pressure Power Washer Hose Attachment Reviews this 2021
Best PVC High-Pressure Power Washer Hose Attachment
PEGGAS High Pressure Washer Hose
This is a universal pressure washer hose replacement and is compatible with pressure washer machines from leading brands such as Karcher, Generac, Ryobi, and more.
It is a great value pressure washer hose and s proven to have incredible temperature resistance and damage resistance.
- 25 feet long
- Fits with most pressure washer machines
- Has a limit of 3200 PSI level
- Compatible with 14mm and 15mm connectors
- Durable and suitable for heavy-duty usage
- Includes an adapter if you want to extend the hose
- It is made from PVC, so it is hard to store since force twisting the hose may cause damage.
Best Rubber High-Pressure Power Washer Hose Attachment
Schieffer Co. High Pressure Washer Hose
This amazing hose can withstand high PSI and GPM levels, so it is perfect for outdoor and heavy-duty cleaning. What’s more, it is also longer so you can cover more areas to clean.
The rubber construction of this product is designed for a water volume of up to 5 GPM. It is also quite easy to curl and store, thus perfect for on-the-go tasks.
- Has a length of 50 feet, which is 2x longer than other high-pressure power hoses
- The inner tube is reinforced with one layer of tensile wire braided steel.
- The hose is wrapped in premium rubber construction.
- With a PSI level of up to 4000 PSI and a flow rate of 5 GPM
- Has ⅜ inches quick connect brass socket and steel plug
- Suitable for commercial applications
- Easy to curl and store
- Not suitable for steam service
- Leaves some marks on the surface, typical of most rubber hoses
Best Polyethylene High-Pressure Power Washer Hose Attachment
CANPUMP High Pressure Washer Hose
Polyethylene hoses are popular these days because of their impeccable strength, durability, and efficiency. This high-pressure hose from CANPUMP is the ultimate heavy-duty hose that is definitely worth the money.
It has high PSI and GPM limit, as well as leak-free connectors.
- This is a 30-feet high-pressure hose, but also available in 50-feet version.
- Uses the universal M22 fittings (standard fittings for most pressure washers)
- Has a PSI limit of 4000 and flow rate limit of 10 GPM
- The inner material is made from polyethylene tubing which is anti-corrosive, lightweight, durable, and flexible.
- The outer jacket is made from Polyvinyl chloride.
- Reinforced with natural polyester
- It’s quite limited and difficult to find a reliable seller of this hose.
There you have it– the 3 best high-pressure power washer hose attachment reviews. We made sure to select and shortlist the best option from different hose materials so that you can get the best one that suits your needs.
Go check them out and do your research before buying!